To continue the 30 day blog post challenge, here are 20 interesting things about me.
- I love Jesus, my church, and His people.
- I married the love of my life, Logan, in November 2015. We had a beautiful beach/country club wedding and honeymooned in Naples & Haiti & Jamaica.
- I am a Liberty Grad. Go Flames! I graduated in 2014 with a B.S. in Special Education: Integrated Studies and in 2017 with a M.Ed in Administration & Supervision.
- I taught second grade for three years at Southwest Florida Christian Academy.
- I am a momma to the beautiful, Madison Grace. I never imagined being a stay at home mom, but now I am beyond grateful that I have had these months with her.
6. My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. I own her entire Baxter Family collection and have committed to reading all of the books she’s written.
7. I’m a total fan girl of Jen Hatmaker. Her book, Of Mess and Moxie, brought me a lot of joy, laughter, and realness. She brings humor to motherhood and helps you laugh at yourself. Love it!
8. Hallmark Christmas Movies bring my life a lot of joy. I could binge watch Christmas movies all year round. If only for an hour, I can dream of being a poor girl turned princess on Christmas Eve.
10. I am a Disney fanatic, as of a month ago. My husband has always had a love for all things Disney and I had a dislike for all things Disney. That is, until Madison came along. Her love for the lights, rides, music, and characters brought all the magic to the experience.
11. Sweets rule my life. I have the biggest sweet tooth and could eat dessert all day. I don’t have a favorite. If it has lots of sugar and extra fat, I love it.
12. I prefer a cup of hot tea over coffee any day. Unless it’s a caramel Macchiato paid for by a stranger, then I’m a happy camper.
13. Exploring old cities makes my heart very happy. I’m not a history buff, but I would listen to a tour about an old city all day. My favorite is St. Augustine, Florida.
14. I enjoy Saturday morning bike rides with friends, especially on Sanibel Island.
15. I am a Christmas lovin’ convert. Growing up, we were poor and Christmas was not an enjoyable time of year. Now, with my own family, we have started traditions that I long for all year long.
16. I aspire to be an artist. I was not blessed with artistic abilities, but sitting down with art supplies brings me joy.
17. One day I would like to write a book about growing up in addiction and abuse and the redemptive love of Jesus.
18. I’ve always wanted to be a secretary. I want an office with a view and a desk with colorful pens and sticky notes.
19. I would love to start a book club. Have women over, drink tea/coffee, and talk about books.
20. One day, I want to open a coffee shop downtown. I want it to be a place where the elderly come to tell a tale from years ago and the struggling come to find a listening ear.